Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chapter Two

 Of course it's HIM. What did he want? He knocked on my window so obviously I opened it.
"Mashkooreen 3ala takaleef el ta9lee7 o ma ga9artaw, o again asef 3ala ene 3a6altkom ams." 7araam cute.
"La 3ade shda3wa, 79al 5eer."
He smiled. My god, you know those sexy half smiles? WITH TINY DIMPLES. Mo el 7ofar el kebeera elle kena construction work belwajh.
"Yalla fd aman allah, I won't be bothering you anymore." He laughed.
I laughed as well and I spotted a female in his car bas I couldn't make out her face. He must have been there to pickup his sister after all.
El mohem sakrt el shobbak o msheena.


Right after I got back home mama told me that we were invited to her best friend's daughter's wedding, mn meta mama 3endha best friend?
"Mama meen hathe? Leesh ma ged sheftaha?"
"7abeebte 3alashan hom they moved to kuwait 6 years ago o tawhom yerja3oon, bs their eldest daughter ga3dt hna ma3 their aunt o 7a9al el n9eeb o en56bt o they moved back here. O ee tara bntehum el 9e3'eera kobrk o atw83 m3ak blmadrasa, ma shfteha? Ismha Sara."
"La walla mama ma entabahat bas bokra enshalla badawerha o basallem 3leeha."
"Ee 7abeebte sha6ra. Yalla bas dawrelek fostan o hal 5arabee6 3alashan ykoon shaklek zeen o yemkn enshalla a7ad ye56ebk. Goole ameen."
"Mama I'm 15!"
"Eee so?"
"5ala9 okay enshalla."
Mama's funny.


**


The next morning re7t elmadrasa and I looked for that sara person.
I found a new face eb 9afna ma a3ref keef ma entbht ams,
"Are you Sara Alflani?"
"Eee." She smiled.
"Aa wln3m, ana Abeer Alflani bnt Amal Alflani, 3rftene?"
"Eee bnt 5ala Amal, kanat 3ndna ams."
"Hahaa eee."
And we started talking and talking and talking. She was such a nice person with the cutest kuwaiti accent. So what? I have a thing for kuwaiti accents.
You don't think...? Oh no. No, if she was in his car I would have recognized her.


**


The days of the week passed by bser3a and it was the day of the wedding. Shelt 7alawa, got my hair done, and I applied shway makeup. I don't want to look like a clown.
"Yalla mama t2a5rna." Mama called out.
She wants us to go there early and help out, elmafroo6' she told me this mn gabel, kan I didn't apply makeup ilamma b3deen. Ma a7eb adoor with makeup eb my face unless it's a special occasion and helping out is definitely not a special occasion. El mohem lebast a white tank top ma3 a black cardigan o skinny jeans o black sandals o my 3abaya of course. We9alna the place where they were holding the wedding and everything was a mess, oh my god, allah y3een 5alte Manal. 5alte Manal is mama's best friend o awal marra tshoofne el yoom, y3ne shaftne awal bas mn zmaaaaan.
R7na nsallem awal.
"Halaaa walllaa eb bnyte Abeer, kbrte mashalla! Sh7alatich 9rte et'hableen." 5alti Manal said.
I blushed and went in for a hug.
Galatlna eb eash nsa3edha bas 6ab3an right after the whole "la 3ade ma tga9roon mo lazm tsa3doona, irta7o" speech.
Shelt 3bayte o I started helping out eb el mad5al.
Sara pulled me faj2a o galat t3ale awareek elkoosha, it's the only thing elle 5alla9at. I love/hate weddings, I can't really... Ma a3ref aw9ef shu3oore tejah weddings. They're pleasant but at the same time they're not, ma a3ref. El mohem the koosha looked beautiful!!! And there were a couple of guys helping out jowa el 8a3a.
"Mohammad o Faisal, come meet Abeer." Sara said ecstatically.
They turned around and there he was.
The 7adeth guy, the one with the kuwaiti accent and the sexy half smile.
Leesh eb kel makan?
Now it all makes sense.
They started walking towards us o the 7adeth guy mtanne7 fene ena wth what is she doing here. Shitshitshit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment