Friday, April 27, 2012

Chapter Twelve

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT.


---


Faisal turned to me and nervously said


Faisal: shfeeha hal maynoona, emshaw bas e7gerooha o elle y3afeekom weee3


Noura was still staring at us and smiling.


I calmly pushed the plastic bag he got me to his chest and walked quickly in front of him and Sara. Sara caught up to me.


Sara: she was waving at us tara


Me: no she was not


Sara: ella walla I saw her, yemken entay emla5be6a ma3 el kalam elle sema3teeh fa ta5ayalteeha she's waving le Faisal


She might be right, things like this always happen to me but I was sure. Oh I don't know.


We all got in the car and kan hodoooo2. We got home and Sara got out of the car before me even though I was trying to go inside the house as quickly as I could. Faisal grabbed my wrist and turned me to him, tears were threatening to fall but I won't let them.


Faisal: goolay shfeech


Me: enta elle shfeek, why can't you just tell me the truth?


Faisal: I am telling you the truth, Abeer. You truly are my one and only, why can't you get it?


My voice broke.


Me: maybe because a girl waved at you today


Faisal: she was waving at you guys o even if she was waving at me, ana ma 3a6eet'ha wayh, loo ena we were together wela shay mosta7eel afashelha


Me: walla ma adre eash agoolek


Faisal: goolay ay shay, please t7achay


Me: I saw her waving at you o she was smiling which made it even more obvious that the wave wasn't directed at us because she stares us down eb el madresa


Faisal: yemken she was being nice, la et6'enneen el soo2


Me: so now you're on her side? Even though your side is defenseless


Faisal: shno defenseless? It's not a war


I sighed.


Faisal: we're not having our first fight, are we?


Me: I think we are


Faisal: and it's all over a stupid girl


I shook my head and walked away.


Faisal: Abeer please just know ene a7ebbich.


That made the tears that I fought so hard win, tears streamed down my face as I ran to my room. Sara didn't see what happened, she went to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water before heading back to the car to go to her house.
Good, I don't want to talk to anyone right now.


What if I confront Noura? Would she tell me the truth?


I thought.




I checked twitter, a couple of tweets from Faisal




I can't believe this.


Everything was going so well.


Someone always has to ruin the perfect picture.




Gafalt my phone because I'm really not in the mood for anything or anyone. I changed into my comfy PJs, got myself a big bowl of ice cream, and turned on the TV. I started switching from channel to channel until I found a comedy movie. Usually, I laugh at very stupid things but now I barely smile at the most hilarious things. I closed the TV and went to bed, it was a struggle to sleep.


***


I woke in the morning and checked my phone. 7 bbms. 3 mentions.


A bbm message from FK,


FK: Abeer


FK: Abeer if you're seeing this o not opening the conversation then please do


FK: I can't take za3alech, come on I know enech za3lana 3alay


FK: ABEER


FK: :'(


PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!


FK: tara I'm not going to stop lamma you answer :p


FK: yalla 3ade mako sh3'l


PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!
PING!!!


Me: yes?


FK: a7ebbich Abeer walla a7ebbich


Me: 7abetek el 3afya


FK: kent a7asbech et7agreene


Me: la wesh da3wa


FK: neseete hadeetich :p


Me: 3ade 5aleeha 3endek


FK: la loo Sara yayya 3endekom el yoom aw shay ba5alleeha etyeebha ma3ha


Me: okay, yalla ana we9alt el madrasa, bye


FK: tc :**


***


I was so sleepy because last night I barely slept, lots of things were on my mind. I was doodling and then I fell sleep.


My nap was ruined by my least favorite teacher who told me to go out and stay out. I went to the bathroom and washed my face then headed le el sa7ah.


I stayed under the hot sun replaying what happened yesterday over and over and over in my head until I felt like throwing up.


I saw Noura coming men be3eed, she's heading my way. I put my head in my hands.


Noura: 3asa ma shar?


You could tell she was so happy.
I lifted my face up and smiled the most lethal smile.


Noura: it was so nice seeing you guys eb el soog ams


Me: ee, leesh ma sallamte?


Noura: kan wdde asallem bas you guys kento ma3a so 3eeb asalem 3aleeh o el ahal mawjooden


My mouth fell open and I felt the sudden urge to slap her. Ma teste7e hathe?


Noura: you're so naïve


She laughed.


I'm going to be the bigger person. I calmed myself down before answering.


Me: na3am?


Noura: you don't know Faisal even one bit


Me: leesh enshalla?


Someone yells from a distance.


..: BANAT SHETSAWOON? MA3ENDOKOM 7E9A9?


I got up and walked away leaving Noura behind.


I won't tell Sara what happened until I get to know the whole truth.


What's Faisal hiding? Or is Noura just bluffing?


***


Later on that day at 5 PM.


1 PENDING REQUEST.


Ñoura ♥


I accepted and seconds later she talks to me.


Ñoura ♥: ahleen o sahleen


Me: hi


Ñoura ♥: keefek??


Me: good you?


Ñoura ♥: great


We stayed silent for a while and I wondered why she added me. Minutes later.


Ñoura ♥: you know I could tell you what happened here but I want to do it face to face


Me: okay?


Ñoura ♥: can you go out today wela in school tomorrow?


I guess I could go out today but I'm not sure if I want to go see her alone but I can't tell Sara and it won't be as private in school.


PING!!!


Ñoura ♥: so what's it going to be?


Me: when and where?


Ñoura ♥: Burger Boutique at 8 PM


Me: enshalla


Ñoura ♥: see you, wouldn't want to be you :p


Ya sheenha.


I went downstairs.


Me: mama I'm going out


Mama: 3ala ween?


Me: I'm going to meet up with a girl


Mama: leesh enshalla?


Me: umm shay eb el madrasa


Mama: o ma tegdaroon eb el madrasa ya3ne etsawona?


Me: la walla ya mama


Mama: 5ala9 okay bas la tet2a5ereen


Me: enshalla


I kissed her forehead and went upstairs to get ready.


***


It's 7:30, I should go out now, yemken yekoon za7ma.


I got in the car o started reading athkar and stuff like that. Elle yeshoofne yegool hathe ray7a etjahed. I'm freaking out.


We got there and it was still 7:45, I'm not going down now, then I'm going to seem too eager.


2 minutes later, someone knocks on my window.


Noura.
W3.
Fasheela.


Noura: yalla ma wedek tenzeleen? Ana baroo7 3alashan I get us a table


Me: okay


As soon as she went inside I got out of the car and went in. Besmellah.


Thank god ma kan za7ma or it would have been awkward, us standing there waiting for a table.
I was directed to the table where she was sitting and handed a menu.


I coughed.


Noura: why are you in a hurry? Look through the menu, eat


So she's giving orders now.


Me: I'm not hungry, momken please tgoolenle eash 9ayer?


Noura: ana abe akel awal


I gave her a very annoyed smile.


***


When she was finally done eating, it was 9 PM.


Noura: okay men ween abda?


Me: abe el zebda, I'm already late, mama galatle ma at2a5ar


She laughed.


Me: so?


Noura: So-


---


Author's note:


ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!!!


Some girl on ask.fm told me that the story was making her think of her crush o ma a3ref eash o ena she never thought about boys but now she does, I honestly felt really guilty. I mean it's normal for a teenage girl to have these thoughts but I don't want to be the one encouraging them. For a moment I though about ending the story but I don't know.
So If this story is giving you thoughts that are not welcome then please stop reading because the last thing I want to do is affect someone's life in a negative way. This story is just for entertaintment and I don't want you guys making reckless decisions just because of this story. 7alleloone if I gave you those ideas and ana abarre themte LOL :p I'm just trying to take away your boredom. :'(


Happy reading :*


@TheSaudiBlogger
http://TheSaudiStoryteller.blogspot.com

4 comments: