Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chapter Seven

I dialed the number once.


No answer.


Twice.


No answer.


Whoever this is was brave enough to send the message so why aren't they brave enough to answer their phone?


Unknown number calling...


Me: Alo?


 ....: Alo, Abeer, en kalamte marra thanya la tloomen ella nafsek.


6oo6 6oo6..


He hung up. His voice was familiar in a way. I started sweating and shaking. This is all so confusing to me. 5ala9 bema ena howa men nafsa ended el salfa I'll end it ba3ad, it makes sense.


The red light on my phone flickered so I unlocked it and checked bbm.


Faisal: hala halaa


Me: hey


Faisal: shfeech ba3ad?


Me: la mafe shay


Faisal: la fe, spill NOW!!!


Then I told him everything and right after I was done,


Faisal: give me the number.


Me: no


Faisal: 3abeer give it to me.


Me: la 5ala9 Faisal, netfaham tomorrow ana banam.


There was an R. I got ignored.


The next day I went to their house o while ana o Sara ga3deen eb el 9ala o ana I was telling her what happened Faisal da5al.


Faisal: 3a6eene.


Me: 5ala9 Faisal please no.


Faisal: o leesh la2?


I've never seen him this angry.


Me: mabe mshakel.


Faisal: give me the number o I'll call him in front of you, yalla I promise no yelling.


Me: fine.


I gave him the number o awal ma he dialed, the caller ID popped up, I gawked at the screen like a maniac. 3ala 6ool Faisal pressed the red button and looked at me in complete shock.


It said
Fahad Alflani


Me: why do you have his number a9lan?
Faisal: shefta thane yoom le ehne eb el nade o le3bna kam marra kora weya ba3a6'.
Me: ...but why?


I walked up to Sara's room sobbing. I don't want him to see me like this. He can't see me like this. I could hear footsteps behind me but I ignored them and jumped face-front onto the bed, I heard the door close behind me. I got poked a couple of times and when I lifted my head it was Sara.
She started calming me down and doing the most sisterly things. I love Sara, I really do.


"Gelt le Faisal ma yyee 3ashan I know you don't want him to see you like this." She gets me.


But why would he do this? He doesn't love me, I'm sure of that but what else could it be?


I decided to text him.


"Fahad, I know this is you. Why are you doing this? You scared the hell out of me. I'm your cousin not your enemy. Threat messages? Really?"


"Geltlk abeer 5ala9 leave it alone."


"I want to know why. Goolle why!!!"


I typed while my hands were shaking and I could barely see because my eyes were so filled with unshed tears and thoughts that were bumping into each other like crazy.


"You want to know why? Are you sure?"


"Yes I'm sure Fahad."


"Okay this is why, have you talked to your friend AlAnoud since she moved out to the US?"


My vision was getting even blurrier now that I remembered how I forgot 3anood, I'm such a bad friend. I feel awful. She didn't text nor call me either which is weird.


"No, I haven't."


"So you don't know anything about what happened before she left?"


"I have absolutely no idea. She didn't tell me anything."


I remember she looked pale the day before she went to the US, she looked like she lost a lot of weight and she wasn't my 3anood. The one I knew so well.


"Well then brace yourself Abeer for an entertaining story-"


He started and that's when the stupid battery ran out.
I hate blackberries.


---

Author's note:
Sorry about this post being super short but I'm really busy today and this was the best I could do in such a short amount of time o gelt I'll post this chapter 3alashan ma tgoolon ene sa7ba :p
To those of you who are thinking that this chapter yeshbah one of the other stories, I swear to you it's completely different. The next chapter will reveal that. I am a huge fan of their stories and I read them bas I don't copy other people's work and I don't like taking credit for them. 


Love you all xxo


Enjoy :*


@TheSaudiBlogger
http://ask.fm/TheSaudiStoryteller

2 comments: