Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chapter Sixteen

After he was done attacking the keyboard, he handed the phone back to Sara. I tried reaching for it but Sara wouldn't let me, she had her eyes glued to the screen.

Sara: ob obb walla o5ooy ma yel3ab

He shrugged it off then Sara started reading the conversation out loud,

Sara: Faisal gal listen Noura what happened between us was a mistake, I'm sorry about it but it was wrong and we both have to move on. Abeer malha da5al eb this mess o I swear to god if you do anything to her eb tshoofen shay ma ya3jebech, 7awle et6'ereenha o I'll double it. Walla I won't leave you alone etha 7etta fakartay et'theben kelma menne wela menne. Ma etwa8a3tech chethe walla, bas shensewe 3ad these days ma nadre meen el 9a7e men el 6a7e :) la tenseen kalame o 7o6eeh 7ala2a fe wdanek 3ala golat'hom, best of luck :D

Me: Faisal ma kan lazem all of this

Faisal: la 5aleeha et3aref

Sara: allah ey3een mertek 3aleek etha 3a9abt

She looked at me and smirked.

Sara: el mohem taboon et3arfoon sheno galat wela shloon? 

Sara said o hee m3a9ba. 

Faisal: ee yalla talk 

Sara: galat ee 5ala9 I'm sorry, forget that I even exist

We all started laughing and then 3'ayarna el maw'6oo3. 

Minutes later someone was walking towards us, it was Salman. Sara reached for my hand o gba9atne. 

Me: AYY ana wesh thanbe? 

Sara: chub

She whispered. 

Faisal looked at us suspiciously then he looked over to Salman. 

Salman: hahaaa ka2enkom tetgasamoon ojrat el taxi o ento ga3deen hena 

Faisal: agool eg3ed bas 

Salman: yalla haah ga3adna

Me and Sara were sitting next to each other o janb Sara Mohammad o jamb Mohammad Salman o janb Salman Faisal, so basically Faisal was next to me and Salman was in front of Sara. 

We talked about everything, it was one of those days where the weather was amazing. 

I spotted Salman stealing some glances at Sara o Sara did the same o marra bayen ya3ne. Salman smiled at her o she smiled back ba3deen Faisal looked at them both.

Faisal: wesh el salfa?

No one answered him. 

I thought I'd cover for them.

Me: haha ay salfa?

Faisal: la 5ala9 wala shay

He said angrily. 

Sara laughed shyly, how am I supposed to cover for her if she's making it this obvious? 

Half an hour passed 3ala nafs el 7al but Faisal didn't say anything although he seemed to be very annoyed.

Me: eash feek? 

I whispered.

Faisal: wala shay

He huffed. 

Salman started talking to Sara directly instead of talking to the rest of us and that bothered Faisal because I could see him clenching his fists. 

Faisal: Salman ta3al, I need to talk to you

He said o I could tell he was so angry, it was so scary. 

They walked around for 5 minutes and then when they were back, Faisal talked to Sara

Faisal: Sara goolay wesh fee beenech o been Salman, t7achay! 

Sara: haah? Ya3ne wesh eb yekoon fee mathalan?

Faisal: ma adre, you tell me

Then he turned to Salman.

Faisal: you and my sister? That's low

Salman: walla mafe shay, wesh da3wa

I stepped in.

Me: Faisal calm down, I know Sara o she tells me everything, walla mafe shay between them, I wouldn't lie to you

He took a deep breath.

Faisal: Sara, tell me

Sara: walla mafe shay 

Faisal: 3ayal why are you looking at each other like that? 

Salman: because I see her eb el madresa 3ashan ketha ya3ne ma adre, we're just talking ya3ne

Faisal: akeed mako shay? Walla en kentaw etchathboon la agleb el denya foog rooskom, at least tell me the truth now yekoon ahwan

Sara: walla mafe shay 

Faisal: Sara, get in the car 

Sara: Faisal men 9ejek? 

Faisal: ee, go 

She sighed and got up right after sending a sympathetic smile towards Salman, he slightly smiled back. Thank god Faisal didn't notice.

Faisal: Abeer please go ma3ha

Me: fine, Mohammad ta3al

Mohammad was busy texting.

Faisal: MOHAMMAD

Mohammad: haah sh9ayer? 

Me: ta3al eb neroo7 el seyara

Mohammad: ee ee yalla kane yaay

He got up and we walked to the car. 

I turned around and watched Faisal yelling at Salman and poor Salman was just standing there. 

Faisal walked back to the car and slammed the door shut.

***

When we got back home a5atht Faisal 3ala janb and told him that they didn't know each other and that they only spotted each other once or twice eb el madresa and that was it. Of course I left out the part that Salman waited kel yoom bara el madresa and that Sara has a crush on him. 

Faisal: Abeer, are you sure? I trust you more than I trust myself, please don't lie to me

I feel so guilty but this is for the sake of Sara.

Me: I'm not

I reached for his hand and squeezed it because I know he needs some sort of reassurance o lazem yehade a39aba.

Me: you judged them ebser3a

Faisal: I feel so stupid, the way I yelled at Salman

He looked down.

Me: mafroo'6 enek ma etsara3t

He nodded.


***


ONE MONTH LATER

Things were going smoothly been Sara o Faisal o they're back to normal so were the things between Salman and Faisal but things between me and Faisal are still kind of awkward. 
I'm not sure why bas now it seems like we're just friends even though we both know that we're absolutely CRAZY about each other. We talk a lot on bbm bas we don't talk sweet to each other zay awal, ya3ne we haven't said ena we loved each other since el yoom elle etwafa feeh his grandfather alla yer7ama I think. Bas I know that I still love him, probably even more now than I ever did before, and I'm sure he feels the same way. 
Noura never talked to me ever again and I was glad.

Anyways today is the day that we fly to summer camp. 

Me: Sara where's my bag? 

Sara: ya el 5erteeta entay taw gaylatlohom enazlonha, mo5ech madre shlon gayel

Me: shut up, yalla ebser3a we're already late, sakre your bag

Sara: yalla yalla kane, ween Faisal?

Me: ra7 yegool bye le everyone

Sara: yalla I'm done, 5al enroo7 enwade3 

She laughed. 

We said our goodbyes and the moms cried 6ab3an which made me and Sara cry as well o Faisal of course was laughing. 


***


We finally got on the airplane. I was seated next to Sara and Faisal was seated next to a 40 year old guy. 
We made fun of the guy next to Faisal and how Faisal looked so sad next to him but they seemed to get along just fine. Faisal gets along with everyone mashallah. 

Sara: lebs el mo'6eefat y'6a7ek, mosta7eel a9er mo'6eefa walla sh'hal lebs? Mosta7el an5e6eb

Me: la walla 7elo their job

Sara: ee ma gelna shay bas Abeer shofay shlabsa 

Me: wa6e 9ootek, she can listen

Sara: ee 5al tesme3, ehya a9lan ma'39ooba telbas halmalabes, ma atwa8a3 she knew it came with the job wela chan she didn't even think about it

I hit her shoulder and turned around to Faisal. 

Every 2 minutes he would turn around and check up on us o he would send a smile or a wink or even a flying kiss my way o I would just laugh. It's funny how he doesn't care how the other passengers stare at him like he's some creepy lunatic. 


***


5 minutes later, the same flight attendant Sara was making fun of earlier came and poked Sara's shoulder. 

Mo'6eefa: excuse me ma'am, sorry to bother you but this is not your seat

Sara: yes, it is. Entay 7a6eeteene ehne yourself.

Mo'6eefa: I know but there has been a mix up, I'm terribly sorry.

Sara: it's fine, where should I sit?

The mo'6eefa pointed towards a seat that is 2 rows ahead. 

The mo'6eefa turned around to the person behind her but I didn't bother to look. 

Mo'6eefa: this is your seat, have a pleasant flight 

..: thank you.

I KNOW THAT VOICE TOO WELL. IT CAN'T BE, NO NO NO, NO WAY. I'M PROBABLY JUST IMAGINING THIS. I TURNED AROUND AND NO, I WASN'T IMAGINING ANYTHING. 



---


Author's note:

Made it as long as I can xxo

Enjoy

& happy reading :* 

8 comments:

  1. Is it Salman?? The person who Sara will sit next to him!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sara is sitting next to a random person. lessa you'll have to wait for the next chapter to know who's sitting next to Abeer :*

      Delete
  2. Please dont tell me you're not posting today :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished your story in a day, I loved it! It's been a while since I've searched for Saudi stories for inspiration.
    This is a great plot, I love how they are and your writing is great as well... props.

    Two things; Is the voice her cousin? Also, when's the next post coming up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <33 :** go read the next chapter and see xxo

      Delete